The Senior RF Engineer is responsible for RF front end integration for GNSS/GPS/AGPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth technology across the HP mobility portfolio. This role will be located in HP's Palo Alto or possibly San Diego offices. Your main responsibilities include:
- Define key GNSS/GPS, Wi-Fi, and BT RF performance requirement based on regulatory and region/country specific requirement for each project.
- Work with project architect, engineers, and SW teams to recommend GNSS/GPS, Wi-Fi, and BT chipset and key component choices.
- Develop reference schematic, PCB layout, and placement guidelines for GNSS/GPS, Wi-Fi, and BT.
- Own RF design and integration for GNSS/GPS, Wi-Fi, and BT subsystems. Lead RF performance and co-existence issue debug, identify root cause of defects, and recommend design fixes. Be responsible for the final product to meet RF performance and regulatory requirement.
- Develop consistent GPS and Wi-Fi validation and qualification methodology that can closely correlate to user experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in , Communication, or RF engineering.
- 8+ years experience of working experience in GPS, AGPS, Wi-Fi, and BT RF integration in mobile products.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have proven experience in GNSS/GPS/AGPS , Wi-Fi, BT design and tests with success product launch. Knowledge in NFC is a strong plus..
- Proven lab experience in GPS/GNSS/AGPS, W-Fi, and BT RF tests and test equipment.
- Proficient knowledge on RF system design concepts and RF system design trade-offs.
- Familiarity with world-wide GNSS/GPS, Wi-Fi, and BT specifications.
- Great communication skills, ability to work with cross function teams and suppliers/ODM manufacturers.
- Knowledge on antenna design and concept are strong plus.
- Limited travel is required to visit suppliers, support development and prototype build and production ramp activities.